What is Substitute Care?
Omni serves individuals of all ages with a variety of medical, emotional, and behavioral health needs. These programs support those needing a home due to family conflict, developmental disabilities, a history of trauma, or mental illness. When you participate in substitute care services, Omni will provide you with a specialist to assist with accessing resources and 24/7 support. Omni hosts regular trainings, encouraging participation and access to a community network of others providers. In addition, individuals have access to a licensed mental health therapist and psychologist to offer clinical guidance.
Who can become a Substitute Care Provider?
- An adult aged 21 and older willing to commit his/her time and energy to a child or adult with significant needs
- Married or Single
- Adults who meet the regulation requirements for background checks and have sufficient housing
- Residing in Omaha, Lincoln, and surrounding areas
What is the process?
- Visit our Substitute Care Program pages by clicking on them, below:
- Complete Omni trainings
- Schedule a tour of your home
- Meet and greet with your team